Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vacation Archives: Antigua, May 2008


Last May, My Beau, James, and I ventured out for our first vacation together. After a far too extensive amount of research on the Caribbean Islands, James decided on Antigua and I readily agreed having become exhausted with the search. We chose Hawksbill by Rex Resorts. This Gem of a resort is set within 37 acres of lush tropical forrest with 4 private beaches to choose from. The above photo was our favorite, "Seagrapes beach" aptly named for the Sea Grape trees that provided James with shelter from harsh Caribbean Sun. I, on the other hand, spent the majority of the first 3 days trying to get as brown as humanly possible. One of the joys of being half-Indian is making my freckled friends jealous of how amazingly tan I can get.



Because of James' aversion to the sun, he spent most of the time in the water working on his new-found love for snorkeling. Watching him toss around in the water was like watching a 5-year-old learning to ride a bike. As funny as he looked doing it, he was heartwarmingly adorable and the look on his face was priceless.


I purchased an underwater housing for my point and shoot just special for this trip. while there was not a whole lot to shoot underwater I thoroughly enjoyed taking shots of the beach while halfway in the water. ok, that is a lie. there was plenty of sea life even right off our beach, but I had some difficulty co-ordinating the Camera with my snorkel gear while swimming. I guess I'll just have to go on more tropical vacations until I get it down pat.


I love this picture. I look immense, like I might be carrying sextuplets or even more! look out John and Kate! Someone should make a cartoon character based on this shadow. So this is mainly how the first couple of days went for us at Hawksbill. We relaxed, ate, drank delicious Caribbean cocktails, exploring the grounds and taking in the amazing sights. It was absolute paradise. Hawksbill is definitely the place to go if you are looking to relax.

-The Excursionista



No comments:

Post a Comment